Place of contagious joy, samba, human heat and irresistible landscapes. Those who visited and came back know the song doesn’t lie: O Rio de Janeiro continua lindo! (Rio de Janeiro remains beautiful!)
This destination is always with arms wide open to receive visitors from all over the world and offers unique experiences.
To make the most of your trip, we chose some attractions all over the State of Rio that are a must and definitely will make you come back soon.
If you choose to stay in the Cidade Maravilhosa (wonderful city):
- Have breakfast at the Lage Park: at the bottom of the Corcovado, this place is surrounded by a beautiful forest and coffee is served at tables arranged in a bucolic setting. Awesome!
- Enjoy the sunset from Morro da Urca (Urca Hill): after a trail with a reinvigorating climb, you are rewarded with one of the best views of the city of Rio de Janeiro at dusk.
- Stand Up Paddle (SUP) at Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon: nothing better than rowing in an inspiring place. If you are traveling with the whole family, renting a paddle boat is also a great option.
- Take a walk in the charming Santa Teresa neighborhood: enjoy your day to walk down the streets and slopes of the region, which is full of houses, ateliers, handicraft shops, bars and still houses the cultural space Parque das Ruínas (Park of the Ruins). To complete the tour, be sure to take a ride in the classic aerial cableway and go through another post card of the city: Arcos da Lapa (Lapa Arches).
To open the horizons, enjoy your stay and get to know other lovely regions of the State:
- Try the delights of Penedo: the strong Finnish colonization in the city can be seen on the local architecture and also in the cuisine. Get off the diet and enjoy stuffed chocolate, homemade ice cream and fresh chocolate balls.
- Join the largest literary festival in the country, FLIP, in Paraty: between June and July, there are literary lectures, workshops, discussions and soirée that bring together artists, writers and intellectuals from all over the world. In addition, the visit to Paraty – due to its huge ancient houses and rocky streets – is amazing.
- Have an adventure in nature at the Itatiaia National Park: there are several trails, hills, peaks and waterfalls for you to go and practice extreme sports such as climbing and rappelling.
- Make a toast on the Route of Beer: if you enjoy a good drink, Petrópolis, Teresópolis, Nova Friburgo and Santa Maria Madalena cannot be left out of the itinerary. There are several options of beer shops with many special beers, with different scents, textures and flavors.
- Go to an exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC), in Niterói: the majestic architecture of the museum and the view of Guanabara Bay make this cultural tour even more surprising.