In the central region of the city, there are three water fountains: one of them served to offer drinking water to the population of Tiradentes, the other was to provide water to the animals and the third was used to wash clothes. In the surrounding of these fountains, they built a facade in 1749, very similar to the front side of a church.
In the middle of the facade, there is an image of Saint Joseph, considered the patron saint of home hunters. Beyond the image, the Fountain also comprises an exquisitely carved cross and the coat of arms of Portugal. All this is made in quartzite and with traces of Baroque art, like the curved lines.
The water that gives rise to these three sources comes from the Bosque Mãe D’Água, which is near the Fountain. It's a great place to relax, enjoy quiet moments, enjoying a beautiful landscape.