The building was erected in 1922, in a neoclassical style, to house the Municipal Market, but was renovated and, in 1978, transformed into the Museum.
The collection brings together oil paintings, a plaster bust of the founder of the city, photos, medals, books and furniture.
Its structure is composed of 11 different rooms. Among them, the archeology section stands out, with more than 10000 pieces, such as ceramic pots, which show the rituals and daily lives of indigenous tribes who inhabited the land. Everything is very well maintained and organized.
Municipal Department of Environment and Tourism: + 55 (65) 3222-3455